ABOUT THIS SERVICE
What does the starter do?
The starter is an electrical motor connected to the battery that starts the engine when the ignition is turned. A small gear in the starter starts the rotation of the flywheel in the engine to begin the operation of the engine. Once the vehicle is started the starter gear retracts and plays no other roles until the vehicle needs to start again.
How do you know you need your starter replaced?
- Vehicle struggles to start.
- Your vehicle will not start at all.
- You may hear a ticking sound coming from starter when you attempt to turn the ignition.
How is the starter replaced by a mobile mechanic?
- The battery is disconnected
- The starter is tested to confirm it’s faulty
- The starter is removed by loosening the bolts and disconnecting the electrical cables (The starter is located in most cases at the bottom of the engine)
- The new starter is compared to old and then installed
- The battery is connected and system is tested