ABOUT THIS SERVICE
What does the power steering pump do?
The power steering pump works by pumping power steering fluid from the fluid reservoir to the steering gear, which apply pressure needed for power steering.
How do you know your power steering pump needs to be replaced?
- You notice power steering fluid is leaking under your vehicle
- A groaning/whining sound when you turn the steering wheel
- Turning the steering wheel while driving is difficult to do
How is the power steering pump replaced by a mobile mechanic?
- The pumped is checked to see if it is malfunctioning.
- The pump is removed and replaced with a new one.
- Add power steering fluid and bleed the system.
- Inspect power steering belt, reservoir, rack and pinion system.
- Check for fluid leaks.